CHOIR ENSEMBLE ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS PAGE for FALL 2019
Auditions for University Singers and Chamber Singers are held on the Sunday prior to the start of the 2019 Fall Semester. Please check back and audition information will be added here. Both ensembles are scheduled to tour to France during Spring Break of 2020. Meeting UNL and School of Music travel criteria and policy will strongly considered.
No auditions necessary for Men's Chorus (MWF), Women's Chorale (MWF), or All-Collegiate Choir (Thursday evening). Register and attend, see below.
2019-20 UNIVERSITY SINGERS & CHAMBER SINGERS:
VARSITY MEN'S CHORUS:website: https://arts.unl.edu/music/ensembles/varsity-chorus
No audition necessary. Simply register for the ensemble. Attend the first rehearsal on Monday, August 26th at 3:30pm on the Kimball Recital Hall stage. Enter through the west stage doors (not the north audience doors). Proceed to the stage.
UNIVERSITY WOMEN'S CHORALE:webiste: https://arts.unl.edu/music/ensembles/university-chorale
No audition necessary. Register for the ensemble. Attend the first rehearsal on Monday, August 26th at 3:30pm in Westbrook room 119.
COLLEGIATE CHOIR:website: https://arts.unl.edu/music/ensembles/all-collegiate-choir
No audition necessary. Register for the ensemble. It meets Thursday evenings at 7pm in Westbrook room 130.
JAZZ SINGERS:website: https://arts.unl.edu/music/ensembles/jazz-singers
Auditions for Fall 2019 will be TBA.
Please contact their director, Dr. David von Kampen if there are additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
BIG RED SINGERS:
Auditions for the 2019-2020 School Year
Time and Place:
We are seeking...
• Students who are willing to make a year-long commitment to this pre-determined student-friendly schedule of rehearsals/performances (Sunday and Tuesday evening rehearsals). Students who are capable and willing to participate in the total choral experience at UNL.
• Students who have previous show choir, singing-dancing, and/or music theatre experience and would like to continue.
• Students who love to perform.
• Students who are eager to learn more about how show choir shows are run and perfected (those future teachers who will one day, run their own ensemble)
• Flexible individuals who can work as a team/ensemble.
• Prepare a brief résumé describing your experience as a singer/dancer. The résumé should include a head shot, or you can submit one separately. Be sure to bring both of these items to your audition. Some examples are show choir and concert choir experience, roles in musicals and theatre productions, or anything else that interests you. For additional questions, contact email@example.com before your audition date AND BRING A COPY TO YOUR AUDITION.
• Prepare 16-32 measures from any Broadway Musical, or similar genre/style that best exhibits your vocal skills. Please mark all of your cuts very clearly in red. An accompanist will be provided.
• Be prepared to change into more comfortable clothing for the dance portion of the audition.
• Have your hair configured to represent the look you will recreate on stage.
• Be ready to learn choreography swiftly.
• Be ready to answer a few questions in the interview segment of the audition.
• Audition - Bring résumé and Head Shot
• Vocal audition is formal, there will be time to change into dance attire
Mission of the ensemble:
• To prepare future performers for careers in performing and to audition well
• To prepare tomorrow's music educators
• To create a great environment for those desiring to continue their performing and enhance their performance skills