Nebraska Show Choir Camp
June 9-15, 2019
Camp Registration March 25, 2019 to May 17, 2019
Come be a part of the exciting University of Nebraska Lincoln Show Choir Camp this Summer, located at the UNL City Campus.Open to students entering grades 9 through 12 and 2019 graduates. This is a week long camp where students who love singing and dancing can perform with other talented students from around midwest while having fun!! All-air-conditioned rehearsal spaces, dorms, classrooms, and cafeterias.
June 9: 3-4:30pm Check-in at Abel/Sandoz Welcome Center
Monday-Friday: 7:30am breakfast (dorm residents only)
8:15am warmups in Mable Lee Hall followed by rehearsals,
sessions, meals, and evening activities
June 15: 7:30am breakfast (dorm residents only), rehearsals &
dress runs with band, lunch, rehearsals, 3pm free
performance in the Lied Center for friend, family, public;
parents pick up luggage in Sandoz Hall after concert
Talent show signup
Students will learn
- Newly arranged music and choral techniques
- Intense movement, staging and vocal work
- Quality tone production
- Costuming and microphone techniques
Our camp offers
- One entire show choir show
- Wednesday night talent show
- Outside acts to perform for you
- Devoted clinicians
- Friendly and charismatic counselors
Registration Period: March 25, 2019 through 11:59 PM on May 17, 2019We do not accept late registrations or "walk-ins." Registration fees are not refundable. Note that registration is through Slide Room, an application software company. Payment will be via credit card and the payee is Slide Room.
Dorm-resident camper: $585 fee includes Sunday dinner, 3 meals per day M-F, Saturday breakfast & lunch plus dorm, music, performance t-shirt, evening acitivies, instruction and $5 application fee.
Non-dorm resident camper: $399 (daily commuting from home) fee includes Sunday dinner, lunch & dinner M-F, Saturday lunch, music, performance t-shirt, evening activities, instruction and $5 application fee.
- Do not wait until the deadline date to begin the registration form. We will not extend the registration deadline.
- Go to the Slide Room web page located at https://unlarts.slideroom.com/#/Login.
- Set up an account using the participant's (CAMPER’S) name, an e-mail address that you check regularly, and a password of your choice. Note: multiple campers from the same family may NOT use the same account information. This software requires a unique name and email address for each camper. Be sure to click the SIGN UP button on your first entry. You will be sent an email with a link to activate your account. You can leave and return to the application form repeatedly until you have completed all questions. Click the LOG IN button on return visits to the application site.
- Follow the Slide Room instructions to complete your account set-up.
- The application set-up should be done by the camper's parent or guardian because permission forms and health information is included in the registration form.
- Answer all of the questions on each of the screens.
- The final step is payment of the camp fee. Credit or debit card information is required. The Slide Room site is secure. Your credit card will show a charge from Slide Room, not the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Please communicate this information to all parties responsible for the credit card in question. Note that you cannot return to the form once you complete all of the steps.
UNL Conference Services is committed to providing appropriate accommodations to guests with disabilities. In order to ensure that appropriate arrangements can be made, guests with disabilities who need reasonable accommodations must contact the Director of Services for Students with Disabilities at 402/472-3787 at least three weeks prior to their scheduled arrival on campus. Please be prepared to tell that office the name of the conference/camp and dates of attendance.
Have questions about Show Choir Camp?
Contact Dr. Pete Eklund