HOW TO APPLY
How to apply to this program:
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy
Area of Emphasis: Music Education
• The Admission Criteria can be reviewed here.
• Complete the 7-step Application Process, which includes:
- Graduate School’s application form AND pay $50 application fee--[link to the online form will be found at the site above] NOTE: Please specify degree and major as indicated above; you will not need to specify the area of emphasis.
- Complete the Graduate School of Music Application.
- Request one official transcript for each College/University you have attended be sent to the UNL Graduate College.
- Request GRE scores (& TOEFL scores, if applicable) be sent to the UNL Graduate College. (UNL Graduate Studies | 1100 Seaton Hall | Lincoln, NE 68588-0619 | 402-472-2875)
- Three letters of recommendation sent directly from the references - forms available at www.unl.edu/gradstudies/prospective/recommendation.pdf
- Submit an application portfolio (hard copy only - description below) to the School of Music: (Janet Sievert, Assistant to the Director | 113 Westbrook Music Building| University of Nebraska-Lincoln | Lincoln, NE 68588-0100 | 402-472-6830)
- Submit a DVD (region 1) with samples of teaching (multiple sessions enouraged; entire DVD not to exceed 10 minutes in length) to the School of Music: (Janet Sievert, Assistant to the Director | 113 Westbrook Music Building| University of Nebraska-Lincoln |
Lincoln, NE 68588-0100 | 402-472-6830
•Cover letter of Application
•Statement of Purpose
•Evidence of Writing Ability (send copies of theses, articles, grants, etc.)