Graduate Only Audition Day - February 18, 2012
(Conducting students & Jazz Performance students audition on February 17, 2012)
Master of Music - Overview & Emphasis:Areas of emphasis include:
- Undergraduate GPA = 2.75/4.00 scale
- Successful Audition or Presentation of Scholarly/Creative Materials
- (For International Students Only) TOEFL minimum = Paper-550 Internet-79 (IELTS 6.5)
- Complete UNL Graduate College Application form (and
$50 application fee), available on-line at http://gradapp.unl.edu/.
NOTE: Degree/Major will be “Music (MM)” - leave area of specialization blank.
Include one official copy of transcripts of all undergraduate work and all previous graduate work (including all studies for which credit was granted; e.g. summer institutes such as Aspen or Interlochen)
- Submit an Admissions Portfolio to the School of Music. The portfolio includes:
- Three letters of recommendation (form available here) from persons who will provide a comprehensive assessment of the applicant's character, musical ability, and promise as a graduate student is required.
- Audition or supporting materials - Information can be found at www.unl.edu/music/grad/MM_audition_info.shtml
- (For International Student Only) Submit TOEFL scores. Send your official TOEFL scores to the University of Nebraska-Lincoln by going to the TOEFL website and following the instructions for score reporting. The institution code for the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is 6877.
NOTE: Send all admissions materials to Janet Sievert, Assistant to the Director; 121 Westbrook Music Bldg., University of Nebraska-Lincoln; Lincoln, NE 68588-0100 or email@example.com.
Graduate Teaching Assistantships
Current Annual Benefit Package
$27,509: Non-Resident Students
$16,319: Resident Students
(includes $8,500 stipend, health benefits and tuition for up to 24 credits)
|Assistantships are available in these areas:|
|Chamber Music||Choral Music|
|Classroom Teaching||Music History|
Application portfolios completed before February 15 will be given priority
Please contact the School of Music for further information: Request more information
Fellowships & Other Financial Support
The Hixson-Lied Fellowships in Music are awarded to graduate assistants in the School of Music who possess credentials of the highest quality. Students may hold these fellowships through the usual time period of completing their degree. Cash awards to Hixson-Lied Fellows are currently valued at $4500 per year in addition to the GTA stipend.
UNL Graduate Studies Endowed Fellowships are available on a competitive basis.
Information about student loans may be found at the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, 16 Administration Building, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68588-0411, (402) 472-2030.